Monday, January 4, 2010

PREPARATION DAY......
NEWLY FOUND 'FINNISH' HANDIWORK......
MOSCOW WEST YOUTH ARRIVE!

Preparation Day started out in what has become a 'routine' at least for Wayne! That is shoveling snow. What will he do when he doesn't have to shovel snow every day. I think he may go into withdrawals!!
This morning was particularly pretty.....clear sky, full moon trying to set (at 9:00 a.m.) before the sun tries to come up, sub-zero temps and no time pressure......at least not right away. If you look carefully you can see him at the top of the steps in his sweatshirt. There were several other guys up there helping too!
And because we had decided to stay home today and catch up on things, I decided it was a good day to try my hand at the newly 'taught to me' Finnish handiwork of 'NEEDLE FELTING'! Sisar Suominen and her daughter taught me how to do this about a month ago. I haven't had a chance to try it out yet on my own.
This was the first heart I completed. Not a bad job!! And it was quick and fun!
In the process of making it!
Just as I was putting my camera battery in the recharger, I noticed the Moscow West Youth Group arriving. They came from around the corner which told me they must have taken a bus to get here. There were a whole bunch of them too.
Sorry this is a bit blurred but I didn't want to open the mesh curtain to get a better picture. That would have been rude.
There are 31 youth and another 17 leaders with them. It will be a super fun week. They will be performing baptisms twice a day for the next 4 days.

Wayne (as the mission car leader) took some of the adult leaders shopping to purchase food for the week. Don't know how much they spent but he said they filled up 6 normal size carts at Prisma. That is a whole lot of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment