STARTLING AWAKENING THIS MORNING
The alarm clock had gone off and it was time to get up....6:30 a.m. Hit the snooze button for just 5 more minutes! No harm in that.....right!
Then we heard a sound we had not heard here before.....not sure what it was. Wayne went to the apartment door, opened it up and we heard the smoke alarm going off!! It was NOT the harsh smoke alarm we were used to hearing at home.....the kind that sends a jolt up your body....but a 'polite' sounding alarm!!
So, Wayne thought he better investigate. I looked out the window and there was the FIRE TRUCK arriving (notice how light it is.....6:40 a.m.).....they were very quick to respond I might add. BLUE lights flashing but not alarm on that either.
The Fire Chief arrives to find out what is going on. As it turned out, one of the Russian guests had burned something in the microwave and it was pretty bad. It set the alarm off. All was well....but it made for an exciting few minutes here in the asuntola.