Friday, January 28, 2011

MID-WEEK
CHECK-IN.......
(or more accurately, late-week!)

We ran a couple of errands over to SELLO on Thursday....quick ones. I had bought a small little SNOWGLOBE for Claire because Crew had dropped one she had and broken it! She was very upset that it was broken. While we were in Tampere over the weekend, I saw a cute little 'moose' one and thought it would be easy enough to mail to her. As I was walking into the POSTI I was taking off my gloves and the little 'package' dropped out of my hand. Well, guess what.......water went everywhere and the snowglobe was in a gazillion pieces!!! :-( Just like her other one. I guess this little snowglobe was just not meant to be mailed!! If you look carefully at the package laying on the dashboard of the van you can see one little corner that appears DRY. That is because it IS dry!!
After going to Sello we headed over to IKEA to get some meatballs and potatoes. They have a little grocery store section there and have great foods and great prices.......considering it is Finland where lots of things are more expensive!! I happened to look down at my lap where my purse was laying. Decided it was another FOTO OP showing my favorite store.....MARIMEKKO! Love all of their products....will miss that store......
The WINTER scene was just beautiful ....... like a dump load of SUGAR had been dropped from the sky. Just had to have a picture of that since my camera was in my hand!
We are beginning a lot of LASTS!!! These two sweet Russian sistras will not be back here to the temple until summer......after we are gone. We just love them......and YES, I made a bookmark for each of them........
They wanted to have a 'group' picture.....even though none of us had our coats on......and take it outside with the snow and temple in the background! Left: Sistra Larisa Ignatieve and between Wayne and I is Sistra Liubov Sergeeva. We told them we would come visit their branch next time we are in St. Petersburg!!
What wonderful people....ALL of them......

No comments:

Post a Comment