Saturday, April 30, 2011

H . O . M . E

Parting is such sweet sorrow! We just did not want to leave Finland. We knew that chapter of our lives would be over.....and we would definitely look forward to the next chapter....whatever and whenever that might be.....and hopefully someday back to Finland! President and Sisar Haikkola saw us off at the airport. What great people they are. We love them!









Fortunately, Wayne had the foresight to ask the British Airlines clerk, at our checkin at Helsinki, to get a 'cart' so that I could get to our connecting flight at Heathrow. Going from Terminal 3 to Terminal 5 would not be an easy 'task' at best. With a sprained ankle it would be almost impossible to make. Good thing he did that.....we would NOT have made our connection otherwise. Door to door service was wonderful with BA! Hopefully I won't need that service again, but if I did I would not hesitate.









When we got to Dulles, IAD Airport, we had lots of family and friends there to greet us. WONDERFUL!! Kiitos Paljon to you all!! Made us feel so welcome and loved and missed here! And we came home to beautiful weather! Nice....no tornados or rain or snow or.......our surprise was that our sons David and Andy flew in with two of their children (Chelsea and Tyson) to help greet us. WOW.....what a wonderful surprise! I convinced my 'wheelchair driver' that I really did want to WALK out of the secured area to greet my family.....funny, he really didn't believe me I don't think because he followed behind me with the wheelchair! He was very helpful and attentive!








H . O . M . E . never looked so good.......











AAAHHHH....the green green grass of home!









SUNDAY.......while we feel we should be attending STAKE CONFERENCE in TAMPERE we will be meeting with our Stake President to get our Mission Release. We just hope we have done a good job as missionaries!

2 comments:

  1. Hello, and welcome home!
    I just wanted to let you know how much I have enjoyed following your blog these past 2 years. I am a scrapbooker, so I first found you through Becky, and thought I would just "check out Becky's Mom's blog". Little did I know how much joy it would bring me each day as I looked through your beautiful photos and also learned so much about Finland.
    Thank you for sharing your lives these past 2 years. Thank you too for the great work you have done!
    Mary Ann in So. CA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary Ann.......thank you for enjoying our 'journey' with us. It has been an absolute blessing in our lives and the lives of our children and grandchildren for the past two years. We LOVE the great people of Finland, their great country and all that goes with that. We hope to be able to return back some day....maybe another mission there or certainly a visit. It is nice to know others have been able to enjoy our mission with us. Kiitos Paljon for letting us know. The Gospel of Jesus Christ is strong all over the world......mighty and good. Tervetuloa any time!!

    ReplyDelete