Friday, July 10, 2009

So this is Russian week again.....from Rostov, Russia. (Yes, this makes 3 Russian weeks out of the almost 4 that we have been here....can you believe we have been here 4 weeks tomorrow!!!.......and I am wondering WHY I tried to learn Finnish!)







At any rate.....there were about 45 Saints that came this time. They are from quite far in Russia.....some of them taking 3 - 4 days to get here! There are always youth that come with every group......varying numbers depending on what I am not sure! Two young women caught out eyes this week! They are Margo (14) and Marina (12). (A little background first...I have been asked by the Matron to work at the cash register in the Clothing Distribution Center which is located here in the asuntola, guest house. The other sister missionaries help in there also by hemming men's pants and women's dresses that are purchased by the Russians. It is quite the process to watch them do all of this for free). Well, these two girls came in to the distribution center to look with their mom. They saw some YW logo charms they wanted to buy along with a necklace, chain to put it on. They asked me how much it was (there are different prices for the Russians than other people that come in......the Russians are so poor they need a price break!). I told them it was 2 euro 40 for each. Their mother looked at them and said they would have to wait until NEXT YEAR when they hopefully can come again before they can buy it. They were so disappointed. I was heart broken. I told Wayne later that we had to buy them those necklaces as a gift for them. (I actually had to go to the local mall and purchase the necklaces because there was only one left in the store. So, the matron took me to the store to make that purchase, I bought the necklaces charms before I left the store and we were off to find our little YW and make a presentation to them.

The bottom picture is of Wayne and I putting the necklaces on the.....we had them close their eyes so we could surprise them.

Oh my goodness, when they opened their eyes you would have thought we had given them the moon! They hugged us and hugged us and hugged us and hugged us. They were just thrilled beyond belief! This is what our reward is......bright, grateful, loving young women!

The top picture is of the girls and their mom!!


Are we enjoying our mission?? YES, especially when we have wonderful experiences like this.......and many, many more inside the temple. Those are not always as easy to talk about.....notice the girls with their necklaces on!















No comments:

Post a Comment