Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Our walk & Punkin look-alike



Since we are on the afternoon shift this week, we have time to walk to the tori ja grocery store to do our every-other-day shopping! Today we walked about 2 miles round trip to do that. The top picture is of the temple from the side. This shows better the solid rock that the temple sits on.


The picture below was taken in the tori area (open air market). We take our shopping bags with us as that is the custom. And, true to form, I found my little 'hooters'!!! They were so friendly and so cute!! I hope Punkin is doing okay. I hope she won't get jealous with my being friendly with another one of her kind!!

We keep waking up at night because it is so light outside. I should have taken a picture at 3:00 a.m. today and sent it to you. I will take one tonight so you can see how light it is. SATURDAY is the BIG celebration of the longest day of the year with very little dark time!!! We hope to get some pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment